Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ding Ding!! Time for school....

Yesterday was the first day of school for Madison. My alarm went off at 6:45 on Friday, and as I annoyingly hit the snooze button, I realized I did wish it on myself. I have been counting down the summer ready for the school year to begin, but with the pros comes the cons, like getting up early!! I walked into Madison's room to wake her up at 7:15, she jumped out of bed excited it was a school day. I give her a couple more years of excitement until the typical pull the covers up over the head, and moan routine.

I know with every year comes change in kids, but this is the first year that I saw a HUGE change in Madison. Here is a picture of her first day of school last year going into first grade....

Here is a picture of Madison's first day of school going into the second grade...

Madison is about 8 bls. lighter than last year (not that she needs to be, it just happened, cheer maybe?). She is about 6 ft. tall this year!!!! LOL :) Madison has a better understanding of what school is for, and what is expected from her. Just total change...

Madison is in the newer part of the school building this year with a seasoned teacher. Mrs. Bradshaw Is one of those teachers who have taught forever, is very sweet and loving, but also expects her students to do exactly what she says. In working in the office last year, Mrs. Bradshaw was one of the few teachers you saw needing the principal, etc....because she handles her class, and molds her kids' accordingly. The other students in Madison's class are absolutely wonderful. Everybody knows that there are those kids' that are a chronic problem, and always interrupts the class. NONE of those kids are in this class, and I am so thankful! Last year there were 4 Madison's in her class, this year it is just her. She is so happy about that!!! Madison came home yesterday all smiles, she loves her teacher, she loves the other kids, she loved everything. Let's hope it stays that way. I think it will, and we are all excited about this school year being a total success.

3 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Wow! She looked really excited! I hope her first day was great!!

CB

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

What a cutie . . . School is so fun! Glad Maddie is having a ball.

Rachel said...

Glad to hear it went well...I'm nervous/excited already about Conner's 1st day of big school next year.