Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Excitement, Nerves, and Emotions...

I usually post about Madison because she has more going on to post about. However, today is all about Evan, and I am looking forward to him doing more things so I can include him more often.


Today was Open House at Evan's pre-school. Last year I was on the fence about it, then I decided to climb over the fence and enroll him. Madison's pre-school was such a horrible experience that I have reservations about doing it all over again. But this is a different place and comes highly recommended!

Evan was so excited to be going to school this morning, he has been waiting ever since we learned the names of his teachers. He walked in like a pro did not have any separation problems which I knew he wouldn't. Things started off well, Evan was playing in the kitchen and this little boy came over trying to play too, when Evan in a not so nice voice said NO. I thought oh boy here we go. Then Evan was playing blocks when all of a sudden a small sibling of a classmate came over and bopped Evan upside the head with a large wooden block. Those of you who know me well, knows that doesn't set real well with me!! Sharing problems, rough housing is one thing, hitting...NO! The lady said she was sorry, but truth be told I was annoyed. Evan cried, but was okay after a Mommy hug, and kiss.


It was time to go to orientation while the kids stayed in class with their teachers. I went over and said goodbye to Evan and gave him a kiss. Just like Madison did on her first day, Evan said a half hearted bye and turned around to play. 90% of me was happy this is how he reacted, 10% of me was sad he didn't need me to stay.

Thank goodness Rachel, and Carrie were there to calm me down and to tell me everything was going to be ok. I returned to pick Evan up, and his teacher said he did fine. Evan is very small for his age, and in my opinion very immature compared to Madison at this age.



I think this will be a good year, and I am sure after the first couple of days of total freedom I will be way over it!

The TOCC Boys!!(they are church buddies)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay, Evan! Yay, Angela! I'm soooo glad today went pretty well. In a couple of weeks, you'll probably look back on today and wonder what in the world you were so anxious about...

I love how those TOCC buds are all doing something different -- and not looking at the camera. That picture is actually much better than I thought it would be after all you went through to get it. When they're together especially, that's how we know them best, isn't it?

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

How fun!!! It brings out the mama bear in me too when kids are mean to my little guy. So . . . when is are we all doing lunch with a few less kiddos.