Monday, August 25, 2008

Non-stop schedules, party planning, and 2 weeks of saying goodbye...

I know it has been a couple of weeks since my last post, sorry. Since Madison has started school, and we have been back on our crazy schedule. Madison's teacher is great, but with great teachers comes great responsibility! 2nd grade is a whole new ball game. Last year they did not get your typical grades A, B, C, D, F. They got E=excellent, S=satisfactory, and so on. Well, for the next what will seem like 30 years of her life to her anyway will be the "real" grades. Let me give you an example of our week.

School gets out at 3:51

Monday - Folder is packed. 10 spelling words to study for a test on Friday(Madison has to write them 5 times everyday) Along with the spelling words comes 5 sentences which contains the spelling words. The teacher will pick 2 of them, but you have to know all 5 because you never know which ones she will pick.(Madison writes them everyday) 5-7 Vocab words for a test on Friday(We study them everyday) Reading comprehension for a test on Friday(yep, we study everyday) Now, she comes home with a text book, and has to read 3-4 chapters, and answer the questions at the end of the story. We go over the story, and answer the questions before bed, and on the way to school. All of this is going on while Evan is bugging Madison at the kitchen table, me trying not to yell at him to leave her alone, her frustrated, him crying because it seems nobody wants him at the moment. And while all of that is going on, I am in the kitchen cooking dinner. Studies finish at about 6ish. Madison gets 1 hour of free time, before bath, brush those beautiful braces/teeth, then she is required to read every night for 20 minutes per her teacher, and us. 8:00 comes, everyone is in bed, and I start laying out clothes for the next day, getting her lunch box ready, breakfast planned, snack packed in her bag, and then I fall on the couch in a daze of what just happened, and where am I!! This is JUST MONDAY!!!!!!

Tuesday - Madison comes home, writes her words, sentences, studies vocab, does her math homework, gets dressed for cheer, I am quickly making dinner, because we have to walk out of the door at 5:15 to get her there on time. While in the van Madison is going over vocab again, writing spelling words she needs extra help on, etc... Cheer is from 5:30 to 7:00. We rush home throw her in the tub, she brushes, then to bed to read.

Wed. - Madison is home, doing the same studies as Tuesday's. I can take a little more time to cook dinner, Madison has to get a bath early so we can make it to church by 7:00, unless I have a church mtg. which is at 6:00, then we have to alter things a little bit.

Thur. Same exact schedule at Tuesday (cheer is twice a week). I give Madison a spelling test, and if she misses any, she works on the words on the way to cheer.

Friday - can not come fast enough in this house. After Madison gets home from school she runs to her room and does whatever she wants, I fall on the couch thanking the lord it is Friday, and good luck with dinner people, you guys are on your own!

Sat. - Madison has private cheer/tumble lessons with her coach for an hour.

All of this while I am helping to plan church functions, Navy wives functions, being room Mom, working in the office at school as a volunteer, etc.... I do enjoy staying busy, but I love the weekends that have nothing scheduled and we just lay around all day.

The next 2 weeks will be emotionally draining. Travis' boss (CO), and the CO's wife (COW) will be leaving the command. They are not moving, but there will be a new boss in town. The Connon's are wonderful people, and have been an absolute pleasure to work with, and to be friends with. For the next 2 weeks there will be lunches, picnics, parties, and a ceremony to say goodbye.


I know it sounds crazy, but I LOVE this time of year!!!

My point...I may not be blogging as often!!!!

3 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Wow, you are sooo busy!! And next week it starts with Evan!! Great pic of your party!!And by the way you are looking skinnier!!
CB

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

no wonder... I have been missing you - you're a "super woman mom"!

Rachel said...

Oh. My. Goodness. And everyone wonders why we wanted to wait one more year to start Conner in school! I think I get it, though -- crazy busy, super hard, but you love it. Maybe when Evan starts next week it will help a little...