Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend...

As we celebrate those who have, or are serving in our military (thank you Trav) we always "use" this 3 day weekend to have some fun, grill out, be with loved ones...

Saturday was the kick off to our fun weekend. Madison had her usual private cheer lesson early Sat. am. When that was done we joined Travis at the church where the Mud Olympics was taking place. Trav is helping out with the youth group so he dedicated some of his time to join in on some icky fun. Madison, Evan, and I sat on the sidelines with all of the sane people who did not believe in getting dirty! It was sunny, and HOT... Needless to say it was a great day to start my base tan.

Trav showing the kids how the wheel barrow is done!!!
But wait there is more!!! Sunday was a wonderful busy day. We started our day going to church, then we met some friends at the Bayou to spend the afternoon on their boat!!! Well I must say it was fun, relaxing, and yes more SUN.

Can you tell that my shoulders are purple?


Travis, and I finished our Sunday evening by going to see Indiana Jones without the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However when we got home, and checked on Evan he seemed extremely hot, so we took his temp. and yes he had a 102 degree fever. I have no idea what on earth is wrong with him, he has no symptoms, but those of you with kids know that they don't have to have symptoms to run those dang fevers. So, we will spend our Memorial Day taking Evan to the Dr. and not going out to the pool, I don't think my shoulders could have taken it anyway.


Nobody freak out, his cup has water in it because he was so hot!

Everyone have a SAFE, and Happy Memorial Day!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Brown said...

Oh no, poor Evan. I am so sorry!!
Give me a call and maybe we can go walk or something.
CB