Monday, May 26, 2008

Speedy

Our Memorial day was very low key since Evan is sick. I spent most of the morning getting him to the Dr., and to the lab for tests... Madison, and Travis spent most of their day playing Carnival Games on the Wii, it was just a lazy day all in all.

As we sat down for dinner (classic cheeseburgers on Memorial day) Madison saw a turtle crawling in the street. She could not help asking the age old question...Why did the turtle cross the road? and as we all laughed we answered her...to get to the other side!! Trav went out turtle hunting after our entertaining joke from Maddie, and this is what he found.

I caught turtles in my younger years, and I must say none of them were as aggressive as this little guy. When you moved your hand to where he could see it, that mouth of his would open like he was just daring you to get your finger close enough. After visiting with him, and making him pose for a few pics. Travis took him across the road where he wanted to be, and off he went.



Even though Evan is sick we could not deny him turtle privileges!

3 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Looks like fun!
CB

Rachel said...

I think it's turtle season or something. I have seen sooo many on the roads over the past week or so. Glad you guys caught one! I think yours was bigger (and meaner!) than ours...

Bret Wells said...

WHAT IS EVAN POINTING AT????!!!!