Sunday, July 20, 2008

AND.....WE'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!

I know this is the moment most of you have been waiting for. For the past 4 months everybody knows we have been working on our summer project. For those of you who don't, let me fill you in...

Last April Travis extended our concrete slab that the previous owners called a patio. It took well over 50 bags of concrete, many man hours, plenty of hard work, and lots of sweat, but it was worth it. I never knew Travis was so talented in this area, but to my total surprise he was perfect!

I came up with an idea to tile the patio (looking back, what a dumb idea!) kinda of an oasis to entertain on, watch the kids play from, a place to drink cocktails on, etc... We have worked for months, laying out tile, forming the design, cutting tile, making sure every piece was perfect before we really laid it down.

Travis, and I laid tile for 3 straight days from 10 am until 2 am pretty much non stop. My Mom was here during this process to play with the kids, etc.... Thank goodness.

After that was all said and done, it was time to clean the tile, oh what a job that was. Bending over every piece of tile making sure all the mortar was off, and not too thick in between. This only took forever. Not only would we work days, but after the kids went to bed for several nights we worked well into the morning getting it done.

Finally everything was clean, now it was time to grout. This process was easier, but still hard work. We managed I'm not sure how yet, but we did. Travis, and I were so sore, and exhausted, but we pressed forward.

Today we sealed the tile/grout 3 times, and now it is dry, and ready to play on.


INTRODUCING THE PATIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I know this post was not witty, or funny like most, I apologize for that. We are so happy to be done, and look forward to never ever tiling anything again!

Thank you to all of my friends who have listened to my war stories during this whole process.

Thank you to Earle, and Carrie Brown for loaning us your wet saw, and other tools which we need to return to you!

Now if you will excuse me, Travis and I are going to sit on the patio and do absolutely NOTHING!!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

It looks awesome!! Yeah I am so glad you are done, and I really like your new blog layout! It looks great!!
CB

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Love the new blog name!!! Now it's time to have cocktail hour on your new patio or a bring your own wine and cheese event. Ribbon cutting ceremony????