Friday, July 4, 2008

Rockin the 4th!!!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!! I must say this was the best 4th ever for our family. Travis, and I started the holiday by going dancing on Thursday night. We came home pretty late, and the kids were up fairly early. Me being mother of the year got up, made them chocolate milk, gave them muffins, and turned on the t.v. I told them no fighting, and I would be back. I went back to bed and snuggled with Travis until 10. I know, how horrible but the kids were safe, fed, and happy so I assume cps will not come knocking on my door.

A lot of times I am spun up by time, and schedules, but not today. It was so nice to just do what we wanted when we wanted. We ate our traditional grilled hot dogs for lunch, moseyed to Wal-Mart to get fishing supplies, and MILK! About 3ish we left for Heidi's house (Michelle's sister). Everyone there was so very sweet, and not completely bothered by our children!! The Well's joined the party, and at one point we were all in the pool for a great swim. Thank you so much Heidi for opening your home to us, and a big thank you to Michelle for extending the invitation to us!!

Ding, Ding, time for dinner!! We grilled out hamburgers, and I am not sure if was that we were all so hungry, or the world's aligned perfectly, but they were the best hamburgers to date that Travis has cooked. Great job hun!!!!

Here is where it gets just crazy. About 7ish we headed down to the pier to FISH!! (I know, me ms. prissy fishing) The weather was PERFECT. It felt like temps were in the lower 80's with a breeze. There was not a mosquito in sight, and none of us broke a sweat. We sat up camp, and fished until fireworks time. The Well's joined us at the pier, and we are so glad they did!! It was hilarious seeing all of the kids climbing up the wall looking over the side for the fish. Well I say hilarious, but it made us extremely nervous that they would become fish bait soon. As the sun set, the kids were getting tired, and we kept calling for a time check. :)




This years fireworks were at Foun. State Park. It was crazy to get to, and $10 per head. I am so glad we opted for the pier for FREE. I hate to steal the parishes thunder, but the fireworks show was no more than 10 minutes long, and pretty lame!!




Travis spent most of his night baiting our hooks, helping us cast, that manly kind of stuff. I felt bad for him, because it seemed like he did not get very much time for his fishing.



After the show most people left, and it was just us fishermen standing, waiting for that one fish that was meant to be....... Travis caught the only fish of the night, and I don't even think I would call it a fish!


The kids did a really GREAT for their 1st time going to the pier. Both of them were patient for the most part, and just hung out. Good job guys...




We stayed until 10, and it was pretty obvious to us the fish were being very snobby, and the kids were exhausted. Well Madison was not ready to go until she caught a fish, oh my goodness!!!! Let me tell you about little girls, (cause this is exactly how I reacted when I didn't catch a fish at Madison's age) when they don't catch fish, and somebody else does their feelings are so HURT!! It is so personal it is not even funny. TEARS, TEARS, TEARS!!!!! That girl cried all the way to the van, all the way home, during her bath, until her tired, hurt self hit the pillow and ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!


Since both kids were crying (could not get the money shot of Evan crying, I tried so hard, sorry), Travis figured he would join in the fun...



I sit here exhausted, stinky, and ready for bed. Happy 4th everybody!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good times! Soooo glad you caught one :)

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

HA HA HA!!! What a fun day for your family. I love the pic of Travis crying. When both of my kids are crying at the same time I mockingly cry too and this usually makes Coop laugh and then I simply only have one crier. Thanks for sharing your fun 4th with us!