Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The swimming lesson from you know where!!!

Last year when Evan was 2 he was completely fearless when it came to the water. He would jump in off the side, put his face in, blow bubbles, hang on the tube and float around. So surely now that he is a whole year older there should be NO problem right? WRONG!!!!!

We have been swimming at the PAC, and he has screamed, and cried about being scared of the water. Travis took him on Sunday and did get him out and kicking without crying, so we figured this was great since his lesson started on Monday. Evan was excited about getting to Ms. Geta's pool, until it was time for him to get in and start his lesson!!! After you watch this video you will understand why Travis, and I were so embarrassed!!



This kind of crying went on for about 22 minutes. I hid behind Travis, not only so Evan would not see me, but because everyone except for Carrie was staring at us.

Ms. Geta told us to come to the baby class at 6 to get him comfortable in the water. So I made Travis put on his cute trunks, and take Evan to Mommy and Me, and yes he was the only man there! Evan did just fine, and loved it.

Keep in mind this was all yesterday. Today I took him to the PAC, and he did much better in the water with me. Ms. Geta told us to bring him back to his normal 4 o'clock lesson, so we did. Evan got in like a pro, and never cried, not one time. I will post proof tomorrow!!

Madison is a fish!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm sitting in class right now...can't exactly watch the video, but I love the phrase, "about 22 minutes" -- not that you were counting! Sorry it was awful, glad it's getting better, can't wait to see the video!